mercoledì 4 gennaio 2012

Important books for knitters - Libri importanti per chi lavora a maglia

There are some books that I consider vital for a knitter: books on stitiches. There are many different types and in many languages and they are all interesting and important for inspiration.
I love to look through them and everytime I am surprised by the many possibilities that can be created with some simple stitches as knit, purl, yarn over, knit 2 together and slip slip knit.
And many new can be created and thought...the infinite possibilities of knitting and stitches.

On my shelves I have some editions that I consider my favorite, as the Stitchionary Collection by Vogue Knitting and The Harmony Guides by Interweave Press.


Ci sono dei libri che considero di vitale importanza per chi lavora a maglia: i libri sui punti. Ne esistono di tanti tipi e in tante lingue e sono tutti molto interessanti e importante fonte d'ispirazione.
Adoro sfogliarli e tutte le volte rimango sorpresa dalla moltitudine di possibilità che possono essere create con dei semplici punti come diritto, rovescio, gettata, 2 maglie insieme o accavallate. E molte altre possono essere create e pensate...le infinite possibilità del lavoro a maglia e dei punti.

Nella mia libreria ci sono delle edizioni che considero le mie preferite, come la Collezione dei Stitchionary di Vogue Knitting e l'Harmony Guides di Interweave Press.

2 commenti:

  1. I just got the Stitchionary books for Christmas and I can't stop looking at them... So inspiring!

    Happy New Year!

    RispondiElimina
  2. Lo Stitchionary non riesce a piacermi. Non ha i grafici, porca pupazza!

    RispondiElimina